- Microbial Carbonate Reservoirs and the Utah Geological Survey’s “Invasion” of London
- Utah Still Supplying Gilsonite to the World After 125 Years
- Frack Sand in Utah?
- Energy News
- GeoSights: St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson’s Farm, Washington County
- Glad You Asked: How can sedimentary rocks tell you about Utah’s history?
- Teacher’s Corner
- Survey News
- New Publications
You might also like
Popular Posts & Pages
- Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?
- Rock & Mineral Collecting Sites
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- Glad You Asked: How Do Geologists Know How Old a Rock Is?
- Glad You Asked: What are Moqui marbles?
- Geologic Maps
- Commonly Asked Questions About Utah's Great Salt Lake & Lake Bonneville
- Rocks and Minerals
Mission, Vision, Values
Mission: The Utah Geological Survey provides timely scientific information about Utah's geologic environment, resources and hazards.
Vision: All Utahns are aware of geologic and energy information, and use it to improve their lives.
Values: The generation and dissemination of geologic information. Excellence, integrity, and objectivity in everything we do. Responsible stewardship of Utah's geologic and energy resources. Free exchange of ideas and information in a spirit of cooperation. The worth and dignity of individuals. Providing prompt and courteous service to our customers.