Our latest issue of Survey Notes is out! Check it out on our Survey Notes Gallery HERE.
• The Uinta Mountains: A Tale of Two Geographies
• In Memoriam: Lehi F. Hintze
• Students Fill the GIS Gap
• The 2014 Crawford Award
• GeoSights: Roosevelt Hot Springs Geothermal Area, Beaver County
• New Publications
• Teacher’s Corner
• Core Center News
• Glad You Asked: What are keeper potholes & how are they formed?
What in the world is a gooseneck? When it comes to describing a landform, fowl play (pun intended) may seem apparent. Even when you are standing in front of one, the answer is not obvious. Not until you get a look from above does this name start to make sense.
- Microbial Carbonate Reservoirs and the Utah Geological Survey’s “Invasion” of London
- Utah Still Supplying Gilsonite to the World After 125 Years
- Frack Sand in Utah?
- Energy News
- GeoSights: St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson’s Farm, Washington County
- Glad You Asked: How can sedimentary rocks tell you about Utah’s history?
- Teacher’s Corner
- Survey News
- New Publications