POPULAR POSTS & PAGES
- Utah’s Ancient Mega-Landslides
- The Uinta-Tooele structural zone–what’s in a name?
- Glad You Asked: What were those strange white mounds along the shores of Great Salt Lake?
- Energy News: Increased battery demand spurs interest in Utah’s metallic resources
- GeoSights: Wind Cave, Logan, Utah
- Losee Canyon
- Mirabilite Spring Mounds Near Great Salt Lake Marina
- An In-depth Look at Ogden Valley's Groundwater
- Is There a Wetland on Your Property? Identification and Next Steps
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE UTAH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
The Utah Geological Survey (UGS) is a division of the Utah Department of Natural Resources. Several specialized programs comprise the UGS: Energy & Minerals, Geologic Hazards, Geologic Information & Outreach, Geologic Mapping, Groundwater & Wetlands, and Paleontology.
1594 West North Temple, Suite 3110
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
PO BOX 146100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
Monday through Friday,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.