Recommended Geologic-Hazard Report Guidelines
Guidelines published by the Utah Geological Survey to aid in geotechnical and/or geologic-hazards investigations and reports.
- Guidelines for investigating geologic hazards and preparing engineering-geology reports with a suggested approach to geologic-hazard ordinances in Utah, edited by Steve D. Bowman and William R. Lund, 156 p. + appendices, Circular 122
Although these guidelines have been replaced with those in Circular 122 above, some ordinances still reflect these older guidelines.
Engineering Geology Reports
- Association of Engineering Geologists (Utah Section), 1986, Guidelines for preparing engineering geologic reports in Utah: Utah Geological and Mineral Survey Miscellaneous Publication M, 2 p.
- Christenson, G.E., 1987, Suggested approach to geologic hazards ordinances in Utah: Utah Geological and Mineral Survey Circular 79, 16 p.
Surface Fault Rupture
- Christenson, G.E., Batatian, L.D., and Nelson, C.V., 2003, Guidelines for evaluating surface-fault-rupture hazards in Utah: Utah Geological Survey Miscellaneous Publication 03-6, 14 p.
- Hylland, M.D., 1996, Guidelines for evaluating landslide hazards in Utah: Utah Geological Survey Circular 92, 16 p.
- Giraud, R.E., 2005, Guidelines for the geologic evaluation of debris-flow hazards on alluvial fans in Utah: Utah Geological Survey Miscellaneous Publication 05-6, 16 p.