Earthquakes & Geologic Hazards
- “Spot the Rock” January 8, 2014January 9, 2015 - 12:51 am
- Fly By the Wasatch Fault with GoogleEarth on YouTubeSeptember 22, 2008 - 11:32 am
- New Estimates of Utah’s Potential Oil Shale Resource ...December 17, 2008 - 11:37 am
- Comprehensive Handbook on Earthquakes in Utah is Now Av...January 26, 2009 - 2:54 pm
- Western States Seismic Policy Council Names 2009 Awards...February 3, 2009 - 4:03 pm
- POTD March 24, 2015: The Doll House, Maze District of Canyonlands...March 24, 2015 - 4:45 pm
- Antelope Island Bioherm FlyoverMarch 24, 2015 - 4:37 pm
- A stiff new layer in Earth’s mantle: Why the planet’s...March 23, 2015 - 11:16 am
- 125-million-year-old Utah dinosaur fossil delivered to ...March 19, 2015 - 11:43 am
- Stikes Utahraptor fossil block moves to Thanksgiving Po...March 18, 2015 - 4:54 pm
Arches National Park blog davis county dinosaurs DNR earthquake earthquakes Emery County Fossil fossils Garfield County geologic geological geologic hazards geology GeoSights Glad you Asked grand county Grand Staircase- Escalante National Monument Great Salt Lake hazards Iron County Kane County landslide landslides map MIllard County Moab Paleontology Photo of the Day POTD rock-fall Salt Lake County San Juan County survey Survey Notes UGS utah Utah County Utah Geological Survey Utah Geology Utah State Energy Program Wasatch Range Washington County Zion National Park
Mission, Vision, Values
Mission: The Utah Geological Survey provides timely scientific information about Utah's geologic environment, resources and hazards.
Vision: All Utahns are aware of geologic and energy information, and use it to improve their lives.
Values: The generation and dissemination of geologic information. Excellence, integrity, and objectivity in everything we do. Responsible stewardship of Utah's geologic and energy resources. Free exchange of ideas and information in a spirit of cooperation. The worth and dignity of individuals. Providing prompt and courteous service to our customers.
A division of the Utah Department of Natural Resources
Address: 1594 W. North Temple
PO Box 146100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-6100
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm
Phone: (801) 537-3300