Here is the first post for “Spot the Rock.” It is a mysterious place where hissing and bubbling ground can be found. Be sure to turn up your volume to listen to it boil and toil. Can you spot this rock? Tell us where you think it is! The location will be revealed next week.
You might also like
Popular Posts & Pages
- Rock & Mineral Collecting Sites
- Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- Rocks and Minerals
- Commonly Asked Questions About Utah's Great Salt Lake & Lake Bonneville
- Topographic Maps
- Glad You Asked: How Do Geologists Know How Old a Rock Is?
- Glad You Asked: What are Moqui marbles?
Mission, Vision, Values
Mission: The Utah Geological Survey provides timely scientific information about Utah's geologic environment, resources and hazards.
Vision: All Utahns are aware of geologic and energy information, and use it to improve their lives.
Values: The generation and dissemination of geologic information. Excellence, integrity, and objectivity in everything we do. Responsible stewardship of Utah's geologic and energy resources. Free exchange of ideas and information in a spirit of cooperation. The worth and dignity of individuals. Providing prompt and courteous service to our customers.