The USSC is the central state organization for reducing Utah’s earthquake risk by coordinating efforts, developing public policy, and disseminating results. Here you can find a large earthquake Salt Lake City scenario, and helpful booklet “Putting Down Roots” on preparing for earthquakes. Use the search to find all other USSC documents including photographs and PDFs. Visit the website HERE to help make a plan with your family and friends!
You might also like
POPULAR POSTS & PAGES
- Rock & Mineral Collecting Sites
- Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?
- The Rockhounder: Dugway Geode Beds, Juab County
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- Glad You Asked: What are Moqui marbles?
- GeoSights: Gandy Warm Springs, Northwestern Millard County, Utah
- Utah Faults
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE UTAH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
The Utah Geological Survey (UGS) is a division of the Utah Department of Natural Resources. Several specialized programs comprise the UGS: Energy & Minerals, Geologic Hazards, Geologic Information & Outreach, Geologic Mapping, Groundwater & Wetlands, and Paleontology.
1594 West North Temple, Suite 3110
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
PO BOX 146100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
Monday through Friday,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.