The Utah Geological Survey was selected for a 2009 WSSPC Award in Excellence in Research for their Wasatch and Sevier Faults Paleoseismic Research. The Awards will be given at the joint WSSPC-Earthquake Engineering Research Institute annual conference at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center in Salt Lake City, Utah at a banquet Friday February 13, 2009. The WSSPC Awards in Excellence program was started in 1996 to recognize achievement in different areas of earthquake mitigation, preparedness and response.
You might also like
POPULAR POSTS & PAGES
- Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?
- Rock & Mineral Collecting Sites
- Utah: A Geologic History
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- The Rockhounder: Dugway Geode Beds, Juab County
- Commonly Asked Questions About Utah's Great Salt Lake & Lake Bonneville
- Rocks and Minerals
- Fool's Gold
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE UTAH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
The Utah Geological Survey (UGS) is a division of the Utah Department of Natural Resources. Several specialized programs comprise the UGS: Energy & Minerals, Geologic Hazards, Geologic Information & Outreach, Geologic Mapping, Groundwater & Wetlands, and Paleontology.
1594 West North Temple, Suite 3110
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
PO BOX 146100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
Monday through Friday,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.