The Utah Geological Survey was selected for a 2009 WSSPC Award in Excellence in Research for their Wasatch and Sevier Faults Paleoseismic Research. The Awards will be given at the joint WSSPC-Earthquake Engineering Research Institute annual conference at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center in Salt Lake City, Utah at a banquet Friday February 13, 2009. The WSSPC Awards in Excellence program was started in 1996 to recognize achievement in different areas of earthquake mitigation, preparedness and response.
You might also like
Popular Posts & Pages
- Rock & Mineral Collecting Sites
- Glad You Asked: Where can I collect landscaping rock on public land?
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- Commonly Asked Questions About Utah's Great Salt Lake & Lake Bonneville
- The Rockhounder: Topaz and other minerals found at Topaz Mountain, Juab County
- The Rockhounder: Dugway Geode Beds, Juab County
- Rock, Mineral, and Fossil Collecting Rules
- Rocks and Minerals
Mission, Vision, Values
Mission: The Utah Geological Survey provides timely scientific information about Utah's geologic environment, resources and hazards.
Vision: All Utahns are aware of geologic and energy information, and use it to improve their lives.
Values: The generation and dissemination of geologic information. Excellence, integrity, and objectivity in everything we do. Responsible stewardship of Utah's geologic and energy resources. Free exchange of ideas and information in a spirit of cooperation. The worth and dignity of individuals. Providing prompt and courteous service to our customers.