Southern Utah Regional Office
The Utah Geological Survey’s Southern Utah Regional Office is located in Cedar City and serves Washington, Iron, Beaver, Garfield, Wayne, Piute, and Kane Counties. In response to rapid growth in the area, the office’s principal focus is on geologic hazards, water-resource projects, mineral and energy resource evaluations, and providing assistance to cities, towns, counties and other local government agencies on issues or projects where geology is a concern. The office also provides a local contact for those interested in additional UGS information and services including paleontological resources, geologic mapping, teacher/educational outreach, geologic databases, and map and publication availability.
Hazards Mapping/Paleoseismology, Professional Geologist (PG)
Information Outreach, Geologist, Application Developer
- Respond to public, industry, and government inquiries.
- Perform site evaluations for critical public facilities.
- Respond to geologic emergencies.
- Review geologic reports for municipalities and counties.
- Participate in local and regional planning efforts.
- Provide a local contact for UGS programs, information, and products.