You might also like
POPULAR POSTS & PAGES
- Rocks and Minerals
- Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- Commonly Asked Questions About Utah's Great Salt Lake & Lake Bonneville
- Hazards Maps
- Glad You Asked: How Do Geologists Know How Old a Rock Is?
- Glad You Asked: Have meteorites or meteorite craters been found in Utah?
- Publication Details
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE UTAH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
The Utah Geological Survey (UGS) is a division of the Utah Department of Natural Resources. Several specialized programs comprise the UGS: Energy & Minerals, Geologic Hazards, Geologic Information & Outreach, Geologic Mapping, Groundwater & Wetlands, and Paleontology.
1594 West North Temple, Suite 3110
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
PO BOX 146100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
Monday through Friday,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.