Congratulations to John Good who was named the 2017 UGS Employee of the Year. John is a Graphic Arts Specialist with the Editorial Section and has worked for the Department of Natural Resources for 15 years, including the last three years with the UGS. His creative talent and commitment to produce high-quality publications has contributed to a positive UGS image to both the public and other government agencies. John has developed an excellent working relationship with authors and editors, understands their requests, and is always willing to research and find solutions to new and challenging publishing issues. His excellent work, productivity, positive attitude, and friendly sense of humor make John an outstanding employee and a deserving recipient of this special award and recognition.
POPULAR POSTS & PAGES
- Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?
- Rock & Mineral Collecting Sites
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- Glad You Asked: What are Moqui marbles?
- Glad You Asked: How Do Geologists Know How Old a Rock Is?
- Topographic Maps
- Commonly Asked Questions About Utah's Great Salt Lake & Lake Bonneville
- Geologic Maps
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE UTAH GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
The Utah Geological Survey (UGS) is a division of the Utah Department of Natural Resources. Several specialized programs comprise the UGS: Energy & Minerals, Geologic Hazards, Geologic Information & Outreach, Geologic Mapping, Groundwater & Wetlands, and Paleontology.
1594 West North Temple, Suite 3110
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116
PO BOX 146100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114
Monday through Friday,
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.