Utah is making a multi-million dollar investment in residential energy efficiency. The Utah State Energy Program (USEP) has issued a Request for Grant Applications (RGA) for a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program. Home Performance with ENERGY STAR offers a comprehensive approach to improving energy efficiency in existing homes.
USEP will award up to $4.5 Million for this program. The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program will include activities such as:
- establishing market baselines and performance indicators,
- contractor training opportunities,
- homeowner outreach,
- home performance assessments and a utility bill analysis,
- projected cost-effectiveness of energy retrofits,
- installation of energy efficiency measures, and
- incentives for participation.