Funded by the U.S. Department of Energy National Petroleum Technology Office, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Technical Progress Reports (pdf’s)
- Reservoir characterization of the Lower Green River Formation, Uinta Basin, Utah (pdf), CD-ROM (140 p. + 76 p. appen., 28 pl.) OFR-411 $14.95
- Geologic guide and road logs of the Willow Creek, Indian, Soldier Creek, Nine Mile, Gate, and Desolation Canyons, Uinta Basin, Utah (pdf), by Craig D. Morgan, 57 p. + 16 p. appendix of 2 measured sections, CD-ROM, 3/03, OFR-407 $14.95
- Descriptions, petrology, photographs, and photomicrographs of core from the Green River Formation, south-central Uinta Basin, Utah (pdf), by S. Robert Bereskin, C.D. Morgan, K.P. McClure, CD-ROM (102 p.), 4/04, UGS MP 04-2 $19.95
Or purchase from the Natural Resources Map & Bookstore.
Field Trip Photographs
Facies Asymmetry in alluvial-lacustrine basins: A transect across the Uinta Basin, eastern Utah and western Colorado
David Keighley, New Brunswick Department of Natural Resources, New Brunswick, Canada and Acadia University, Nova Scotia, Canada
Jim Borer, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
Craig Morgan and Kevin McClure, Utah Geological Survey, Salt Lake City, UT
Russ Griffin, Questar Corp., Vernal, UT
Photographs taken during Field Trip #4 at the AAPG National Convention, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 2003.
Characterization of oil reservoirs in the lower and middle members of the Green River Formation, southwest Uinta Basin, Utah
C.D. Morgan, T.C. Chidsey, Jr., and K.P. McClure, Utah Geological Survey, Salt Lake City, UT
S.R. Bereskin, Tesseract Corp, Salt Lake City, UT
M.D. Deo, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Slide show presented at the AAPG Rocky Mountain Section Meeting, Laramie Wyoming, 2002.
A preliminary discussion of fault styles in the southwest Uinta Basin, Utah
Craig D. Morgan and Kevin P. McClure, Utah Geological Survey, Salt Lake City, UT
S. Robert Bereskin, Tesseract Corp., Salt Lake City, UT
Mary McPherson, McPherson Geologic Consulting, Grand Junction, CO
Poster presented to AAPG Rocky Mountain Section Meeting, Laramie Wyoming, 2002.
Fluvial-lacustrine oil reservoirs in the middle member of the Eocene Green River Formation, south-central Uinta Basin, Utah
by S. Robert Bereskin, Tesseract Inc., Salt Lake City and
Craig D. Morgan, Utah Geological Survey, Salt Lake City
Poster presented to AAPG National Convention in Denver, Colorado, June 2001.
Well database from Green River study
- topic_ref.pdf – references listed by topic
- author_ref.pdf – references listed by author
Selected references on the geology of the Uinta Basin. These lists are not intended to be a complete bibliography. Craig Morgan has not read every reference cited. Many of the references were taken from the reference lists of published articles and were included because the citing or title appeared to be applicable. These documents have not been reviewed or approved for publication by the Utah Geological Survey. Last update 3/18/02.
For more information on the Green River Formation study, contact Craig Morgan, (801) 537-3370 or email: email@example.com