Popular Posts & Pages
- Geologic Hazard Maps
- Glad You Asked: How Do Geologists Know How Old a Rock Is?
- Rock & Mineral Collecting Sites
- GeoSights: Thistle Landslide Revisited, Utah County
- Glad You Asked: Ice Ages – What are they and what causes them?
- Glad You Asked: Igneous, Sedimentary, & Metamorphic Rocks
- Dinosaurs & Fossils
- Topographic Maps
Mission, Vision, Values
Mission: The Utah Geological Survey provides timely scientific information about Utah's geologic environment, resources and hazards.
Vision: All Utahns are aware of geologic and energy information, and use it to improve their lives.
Values: The generation and dissemination of geologic information. Excellence, integrity, and objectivity in everything we do. Responsible stewardship of Utah's geologic and energy resources. Free exchange of ideas and information in a spirit of cooperation. The worth and dignity of individuals. Providing prompt and courteous service to our customers.