The 3D map responds to keyboard navigation keys (←↑↓→), as well as mouse wheel zooming and drag panning. If you have questions, don't hesitate to contact us by email or by phone at 801-537-3300.
– Click to zoom in. Double-click or scroll mouse forward to zoom in at cursor.
– Click to zoom out. Scroll mouse backward.
– Click to zoom to the full extent of the geologic maps.
– Tilt the map view between 3D angles Right-click and drag mouse forward. (Not available on mobile devices)
– Rotate the map view between 3D angles. Right-click and drag map sideways. (Not available on mobile devices)
– Toggle between the three available basemaps.
– Click to purchase hard-copy plots of maps at the Natural Resources Map & Bookstore.
– Contact us with your comments and/or suggestions.
– Switch click options between 1- identifying geologic unit descriptions and 2- downloading map data.
– Search by map name to find maps using the keyword search. Partial map name searches are supported by default.
– Use the slider to adjust the opacity of the geologic maps.
– Instantly zoom to a location by entering a city, zip code, address, or lat/long pair.
– Layer Manager and Filter Scale. Turn on and off scale layers (such as 1:500,000 statewide map or 1:24,000 detailed maps). Also you can click on the cog button to change the visible scale range for that layer.